Friday, January 2, 2009

First day of school

I'm about to eat breakfast before my first day at escuela. I just had my first shower here, complete with extreme paranoia that a single drop of water would find its way between my lips and down my throat. I pursed my lips tightly but at one point I let out a burp -- not a good sign, perhaps.

I was just remembering some bits of conversation from last night. Mama was amazed that I wasn't cold, sitting in the kitchen in my polo shirt, while she was bundled up in a jacket. Also I asked her what her job was and she responded ''¡aqui, en la casa!''

Claro.

1 comment:

AER said...

This made me--yes, even paranoid me--laugh.

I don't think I'm alone in wondering what's for breakfast in Guadalajara! We who are back home following the same well-worn path from sun-up to sundown and thence to bed crave details of the most mundane sort. What ages are the various members of your host family? How do they look, dress? Where is the computer that you're tapping away on--in a public part of the house for everyone to share? How big is the house, and of what rooms is it comprised? How decorated? Have you discovered a husband/father/"man of the house"?